Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lump on chest, sore, pimple, shingles, over weight

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I have a lump on my chest, more or less central but a little to the left side, just above the nipple line. It is sore to the touch. It is kind of like a big pimple but a little bigger. Noticed it a few days ago. Is it something I should be worried about. About 1-2 months ago I had shingles, which seemed to heal pretty quick with medication. I am 42yr old male, overweight and smoker. Should I try to pop it? Thanks
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

You have mentioned that the lump is over your chest just above nipple line slightly left of midline. And its sore.

Multiple conditions can present this way.
It could be a folliculitis or a sebaceous cyst.
Some times, costochondritis (Inflammation of the cartilage of rib cage) can produce such symptoms.

If you can send few pictures of your, it will help me to give a specific advice.
You can mail them to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject Attn: Dr Kiran Kumar. Please confirm mailing of the pictures by writing here so that I can reply you back at the earliest.

However, I assure you that its not related to your shingles.
Also, if its red and painful, you might need a course of antibiotics.
Do consult your physician and get your self examined.

Please mail your pictures as this would help me in suggesting you better.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran Kumar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor