Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Lump on chest, oozing yellow liquid, breastfeeding child. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi Doctory,

My wife got lump on her chest. It is broken today and yellow liquid(fuss) came out after this it looks like a small hole is formed there. I am little worries as it is formed on chest.
She is mother of 1 yr kid. She is breast feeding the kid.
Please suggest what to use as medicine? Do we have to worry?
Also please suggest which specialist I need to consult?
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
It could be a folliculitis or a infected boil which has burst giving out pus.
There is nothing to worry.
Clean it with plain water or savlon.
Apply local antibiotic ointment like neosporin and wrap it up with some gauze and tape.
If the swelling is big and red having lot of inflammation,you may have to take some antibiotic course for which you would be requiring a prescription from a doctor.You can go to your local physician as it doesn't require any specialist attention.
For pain you may take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for couple of days.
There is nothing to worry either for your wife or your child.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Lump on chest, oozing yellow liquid, breastfeeding child. Suggestion? 11 hours later
Thanks for detail mail.

I consulted general physician and he given below tablets. There is no pain as of now.
Zincovit apex
moral forte

Please suggest do I need to use all these tablets. I think zincovit is for energy. Do we have to take this tablet also?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Take the medicines as advised by your doctor.
The medicines prescribed are correct.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor