Lump on back near shoulder blade, non tender
Thanks for posting your query.
A small painless soft lump near the shoulder blade can possibly be due to-
1. A lipoma- a benign collection of fat cells.
2. A lymph node swelling - usually seen in the presence of any infection in the area or viral illness.
3. A benign tumor usually involving soft tissue structures or underlying muscle tissue.
4. Boil or Abscess: It generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus.
5. Sebaceous cyst: It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. If this protruding is accompanied by pain as well then there is a possibility of infection.
For the confirmation of diagnosis, you need to get this lump examined from a doctor and get a MRI scan for any soft tissue growth and a FNAC (fine needle aspiration biopsy) done.
Meanwhile, apply warm compresses on the lump because if it is a swollen lymph node or boil then application of warm compresses will help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing your son and you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lumps cysts on back between shoulder blades
- Movable lump on back of shoulder
- Lumps on back of shoulder and neck
- Lump in back near spine
- Lump shoulder blade back
- Lump on back near shoulder blade non tender
- Lump on back of neck near shoulder
- Tender lump to back of head
- Lump and swelling on back in between shoulder blades
- Lump on back of shoulder blade diagnosed as cyst treatment
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...