Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Lump in the middle of clitoris causing pressure and discomfort, on periods due. What is the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
I feel like I have a small round lump just in the mid section of my clitoris. Feels a little larger than a pee size. Last Friday wore tight workout pants all day and I had thought that what it was just an irritation. started to feel a little better after a couple of days then the discomfort came back again today. I feels pressure and discomfort is about a 4. No discomfort when I urinate. My Menstrual cycle is due any day. Any feeling on what this could be?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic

After wearing tight work out pants all day you got the lump. So there is a chance of infection of hair follicle, we call folliculitis. You said that it is causing discomfort. Is it painful? Folliculitis is usually painful.
You mentioned the location as midsection of clitoris. Clitoris is such a small region of genitalia which itself is pea size. I doubt whether you mean clitoris. I assume it is vulva that you are describing.
There is another condition called Bartholin's cyst which causes swelling of the labia on one side, near the entrance to the vagina. This is caused by blockage of Bartholin's gland causing accumulation of secretions of gland. It can later become infected to form painful abscess.
I recommend you to get an appointment with a dermatologist to confirm diagnosis.
You can apply a topical antibiotic cream over the area three times a day.
Hope this helped.
I will be happy to answer any further queries you have.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor