Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Lump in stomach above belly button, stinging sensation, fullness under ribcage

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I am 46 years old. I can feel a lump in my stomach from the top right side above my belly button and feel a stinging sensation and fullness under my right ribcage
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Before answering your question,I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to advise you.
Since when you are feeling this lump in your stomach?
Are you suffering from any particular symptom like acidity,heartburn,vomiting,pain etc?
Is this lump tender to touch?
Do you feel any pulsations in this lump when you put your hand on it?
Have you noticed any weight loss ?
Did you suffer from pancretitis any time?
Any urinay complaints?

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Lump in stomach above belly button, stinging sensation, fullness under ribcage 19 hours later
Not tender to touch not pulsating. Right side rib cage slightly stings. No dramatic weight loss. Never had pancretitis. No urinary complaints I have been told i have multiple fibroids. This condition arose wen i became pregnant in july last year and miscarried in november. Since then i noticed the lump or mass when i lie on my back
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Your history and symptoms suggest you may be suffering from epigastric hernia.
It can be diagnosed by a physical inspection and a subsequent CT abdomen to see the defect in abdominal wall and to rule out any other problem.
Consult your doctor for the diagnosis and management.

Please write if there is any other query to ask.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor