Lump and redness appeared at the site of injection. No improvement after using triple antibiotic ointment
The lump that you are seeing is likely due to the trauma of the injection. When any aspectof the body is subjected to any trauma , there is an automatic response. This response involves the release of certain chemicals that cause fluid to move out of cells into the surrounding tissue. This is the reason the swelling occurs.
Following this acute response , fibrosis or scarring occurs which is the reason for the residual lump.
Since it is a few days post trauma to the area your girlfriend can try to reduce the inflammatory response whichstill be ongoing and hopefully reduce the size of the residual lump.
This can be done by the use of ibuprofen, cataflam, celebrex. You should be able to be able to get one of these at your local pharmacy. It would be used for 3 to 5 days.
In addition the application of a cold compress may be helpful.
If the lump has already started to undergo fibrosis, then there would be minimal change and a decrease in size would only occur as the tissues remodel themselves which would take weeks.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Triple antibiotic ointment for fordyce
- Allergy to triple antibiotic ointment
- Triple antibiotic ointment uses
- Equate triple antibiotic ointment uses
- Using triple antibiotic ointment on microdermal piercings
- Triple antibiotic ointment immunity
- Triple antibiotic ointment cysts
- Triple antibiotic ointment vitiligo
- Triple antibiotic ointment for bv
- Use triple antibiotic ointment in ears
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...