Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Lump above testicle. Feels like spermatic cord.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
hi, i have a pea size lump above my testicle iwhat feels like in the spermatic cord.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query.

I would like to know more about this lump in order to suggest you better.

1. When did you first notice the lump?
2. Is it painful? Is it hard or soft in consistency?
3. Has it grown in size?
4. Have you suffered from injury to that area recently?
5. Do you have difficulty in passing urine or difficulty in getting an erection recently?
6. Any history of fever?

Please get back to me with these answers; it will help me greatly.

I am awaiting your reply.

I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Lump above testicle. Feels like spermatic cord. 39 minutes later
i fist noticed the lump 6-12 months ago
no its not painful
no its remained the same size
i have suffered no injury
my urine stream seems to have slown down slightly
no historty of fever
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for replying back.

It sounds like an epididymal cyst which is usually harmless and is present in many people.
Do not worry about it.

But, you need to observe the lesion if it:

1. Grows in size,
2. Becomes painful,
3. Causes discomfort,

In that case, you will need to see a surgeon/Urologist for a local examination.

I hope, I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no more questions.
I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor