Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Lower right abdominal pain. on anti acid medication. blood test, urine report normal. CT scan done. Will CT scan be abnormal if blood work is normal ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12746 Questions
I am having lower right abdominal pain for several weeks , anti acid medicine that I am taking right now gave me some relief, but it is still present sometimes. I have seen doctor today, he ordered blood work, urine work and CT scan with markers
I got blood work results and urine already, everything is normal ( still waiting on urinal culture results).
I am afraid of what CT scan will say in a few days ,but my question is that since my blood is good, should I breathe a little bit easier facing the CT scan, or it doesn't have to mean anything?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The symptom of right lower abdomen pain persistent for several weeks can be due to one of the following conditions:-
1. Acute appendicitis
2. Ovarian cyst with or without rupture or torsion
3. Any pelvic infection related to the intestines or colon (Enteritis Or Colitis).
4. Renal or urinary tract calculus.
Since your blood work has come normal acute infection like appendicitis is less likely. Rest of the causes can be detected by CT scan. In some cases colonoscopy is needed to diagnose inflammatory conditions of gut.
All these conditions are treatable. So you need not worry and wait for CT scan report to know the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor