Lower molar cracked. Having lump under the tooth, cancer?. Do I need root canal?
Going to my husbands longtime family dds in jersey even though we line I the city. That last dentist up left! Do I have cancer and does infection XXXXXXX to the bone" -- is that really bad??
Welcome to the forum,
I understand your concern, please do not panic this is surely not a cancer nor you will be toothless!
Toothache along with swelling indicates infection of the tooth that had spread to the periapical tissues like bone leading to abscess formation.
I would suggest you to visit to the Dentist and get an x-ray done; drainage of the abscess is required. Depending upon the x-ray the treatment will be either root canal treatment or extraction. You probably have to go for root canal treatment of the tooth followed by the placement of prosthetic crown.
Antibiotics and analgesics will give a temporary relief, unless your tooth is drained for abscess, devitalized and sealed.
At home, take lukewarm saline rinses to give a soothing effect.
Take antiseptic mouthwash rinses like chlorhexidine to prevent infection and promote healing.
Hope this answered your query, if you have any other queries I will be happy to answer.
Wishing you good health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child having red spot on gum line. What could be this?
- Had wisdom tooth extracted, have painful sores on the side. Have been...
- Having red upper gum and also white dots observed. Suggest
- Frequent mouth dryness causing difficulty in speaking. Cause and remedy?
- Face swollen due to cavity in the wisdom tooth. Taking ibuprofen and...
- Had small enamel damage in top teeth. Having sensitivity. Used...
- Lower molar cracked. Having lump under the tooth, cancer?. Do I need...
- Have sore bottom gums inside of the bottom teeth, tenderness under jaw....
- Hard lump at the bottom of gums. History of tobacco chewing. Any thoughts?
- Have swelling on upper gums near wisdom teeth, feels like water bed....