Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Lower disk started compressing on nerve after injury. Not cured by myolgin. Is it sciatica?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I have injured my back and one of my lower disk started compressing one my nerve a month ago. Right now I am better and have no pain. I jog daily on grass and stretch regularly. I was prescriped Myolgin capsules during my back pain and i have completed my dosage. I am a professional athlete and i am a sprinter. I get muscle spasm every time i sprint in my left hip. Since I am an athlete and i want to do good in my sports. So, sir it has been a good 3 weeks since my injury and i have been jogging 5 days a week and stretching everyday. Is that ok for me? Also, i take Myolgin may be one tablet a week, only when i feel my back is troubling me a lot. Sir, nowadays i am not able to sit for a long duration and i feel like extreme irritation in my back but no pain. It sort of feels uncomfortable and i feel pain in my lower left knee, the same side where i injured my back. So, what could be the possible options for me now?Is it Sciatica and what are the possible medications for me to get rid of this? I want to get back in my sport at my 100% and this injury has been nagging me for quite sometime. I am really frustated right now
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The reason for this pain is the compression of the sciatic nerve known as sciatica which causes pain and some times numbness along its distribution. After having trauma you should take rest for at least two complete weeks using medications like anti inflammatory and vitamin B12 supplements along with physiotherapy but avoiding prolong sitting posture. After the resolution of the symptoms you sports will help you more in your fitness but as soon as you realize you have the problem with your back. try to have physio for atleast one week from a professional physiotherapist.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor