Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain and hip joint pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
Having Lower back pain since some time. with adjoiint upper thigh pain.( Hip Joint Pain)
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 9 hours later
In order to help you better, I would like to know some details
1.What is your profession, whether it involves prolonged hours of sitting or involves too much travel on jerky roads especially on bike?
2. Are the two pains separate or related i.e. its low back pain radiating to upper thigh?
3. Do you have pain at rest?
4. What makes your pain worse?
5. How severe is the pain and how it gets relieved?
Basically if by above information we may be able to make out to some extent that whether your pain is related to spine. Accordingly we can suggest postural modifications, physiotherapy and investigations if required.
Awaiting your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Lower back pain and hip joint pain 13 hours later
Hello sir,

1. I have sales cum desk job. I use car for my travelling needs.
2. Ya this both the pains are seperate, some time the back pain radiate on my left leg.
3. some time..
4. Travelling on twowheeler or a run -cause me seviour pain lower back- some time i get numbness feeling on my hips to.

5. The upper thigh ( hip adjoint pain) is constant since some days. But when i take rest for some time the pain goes.

Aprat from this i started getting pain in my middle of the back too since couple of days, with some amount of dumbness .

I also have pain in left side head , which give me tiggling on my left shoulder and face.. whith seviour neck pain some time.

Please suggest.


Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 40 minutes later

Thanks for providing the detailed information.

You have high possibility of spine related pain. The problem seems to be located at more than one site. An MRI scan of the spine will reveal to us the sites affected. I suggest you to consult a spine surgeon. He / she will advice you investigation which may include MRI.

Treatment can be planned accordingly.

In the meantime you can use occasional pain killers and yes sit properly with back and neck supported and do not go on two wheeler. It helps.

I hope this answer helps you. Let me know if you have further enquiries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor