Lower abdominal pain, worse when bladder is full, frequent urination, swollen tummy, failing to conceive.All related?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I have lower abdominal pain, worse when my bladder is full, urinating more often and swollen tummy. We have been trying to concieve for a few months but no luck - are they related ? I am very tired but put that down to the fact that I can't sleep all night. thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Pain in lower abdomen when the bladder is full with frequent urination can possibly be due to a urine examination will help in diagnosis. If the urinary infection is ruled out then the cause of lower abdomen pain can be related to the delay in conception.

An ultrasound of lower abdomen will help in detecting the cause.

You need a thorough evaluation by a Gynecologist as there are various causes for the symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination and investigations. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Jyoti Patil
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
what do you mean by the delay in conception
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You have mentioned in your query that you are trying for a baby with no luck. The inability to conceive or delay in the same after repeated trials might have a relation with the lower abdomen pain that you are having. To find out the exact cause, detailed investigations are needed under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T