Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Lower abdominal pain, vomiting, coughing, fever. Should we go to ER?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
My husband has had lower abdominal pain for the past 3 days extending into the back area. Sharp pain with vomiting and coughing. He has a fever of 99.2 Seems like a lot of pain for him. We do not know whether to wait until tomorrow to see his doctor or go to an urgent care center.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
1) You should immediately go to ER and consult with physician
2) Kindly answer the following detail:
a) Is he suffering from loose stool/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ chest pain?
b) Is he able to take his diet properly?
3) There is possibility of acute gastroenteritis and as well as chest infections.
4) Presence of fever, lower abdominal pain and vomiting some sort of abdominal infection.
5) You should go for ultrasound imaging, chest x XXXXXXX complete blood count, blood culture and sensitivity if needed.
Put your query if you have.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor