Low sperm count. How to increase sperm count and motility?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Question: my sperm count is lessthan 1.0, it is currable? volume is 2.5 viscosity is XXXXXXX liquification time is 10 mns, Reaction : Alkaline, activily motile sperms is 15 %, sluggishly motile sperms is 15 %, immobile sperms is 70%, RBC:nil, Pus Cells:1-2, XXXXXXX forms:60. please help for my treatment, and how to improve my sperm count and other things. please help me
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
How to increase sperm production for better male fertility? Why is there a declining trend in male fertility levels? It could be due to stress, pollution, chemicals in foods, etc but nobody knows for sure.

Whatever it is, it is good to know the following 4 factors that can affect male fertility and the possible solutions to correct them :-

1) Sperm count

Sperm count refers to the number of sperms per ejaculation. The average sperm count figures are around 50 million sperm in an ejaculation. Anything below this can be considered decreased male fertility.

2) Sperm motility

Sperm motility refers to the sperm's ability to move in a dynamic and rapid way. Sperms are considered healthy if over 50% of them are active and if more than 25% of them are moving rapidly in one direction. 

3) Sperm morphology

A healthy sperm cell looks like a tadpole in shape. Doctors believe that at least 50 % of the sperm in a semen sample should have oval heads and slightly curving tails to be considered healthy.

4) Sperm Volume

A higher sperm volume is crucial for improving the success rate of conception. Some causes of a reduction in sperm production are blockages in the sperm's delivery system, injuries to the testicles, low or high hormone production, anatomical problems, varicocele, past illnesses, side effects of medications, etc.

While some of the above factors may need the attention of a specialist doctor (urologist), there are some things that you can do to help increase your male fertility.

Here 2 tips you should bear in mind :-

1) Increasing your sperm volume can help in increasing male fertility

Herbal supplements that contain amino acids and zinc are known to help in the healthy production of sperm. Amino acids can increase ejaculate fluid (semen) and the supplement zinc can improve the sperm count, sperm volume and the sperm motility.

2) Living a healthy, stress-free, smoke-free lifestyle is beneficial to the production of healthy sperm cells too. So avoid drinking, smoking and other bad lifestyle habits
you must consult a urologist and get the proper investigations done to know the exact cause of low sperm count.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
thank you for your valuable message, sir i can get baby, if i consult urologist ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
Yes do consult a urologist and if the cause could be found out,you can be treated properly and you can get a baby.
Be positive,you shall be successful.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 hours later
dear sir, i regularly taking oligocare fort for development sperm count as per our doctor advice. it is much helpful ?
Hello
Oligocare Forte provides a unique combination of essential micronutrients and vitamins, to help support male fertility and encourages optimal sperm production.
so till you consult a urologist,you can keep on taking this medicine.
Thanks