Low sperm count. How to increase sperm count and motility?
How to increase sperm production for better male fertility? Why is there a declining trend in male fertility levels? It could be due to stress, pollution, chemicals in foods, etc but nobody knows for sure.
Whatever it is, it is good to know the following 4 factors that can affect male fertility and the possible solutions to correct them :-
1) Sperm count
Sperm count refers to the number of sperms per ejaculation. The average sperm count figures are around 50 million sperm in an ejaculation. Anything below this can be considered decreased male fertility.
2) Sperm motility
Sperm motility refers to the sperm's ability to move in a dynamic and rapid way. Sperms are considered healthy if over 50% of them are active and if more than 25% of them are moving rapidly in one direction.
3) Sperm morphology
A healthy sperm cell looks like a tadpole in shape. Doctors believe that at least 50 % of the sperm in a semen sample should have oval heads and slightly curving tails to be considered healthy.
4) Sperm Volume
A higher sperm volume is crucial for improving the success rate of conception. Some causes of a reduction in sperm production are blockages in the sperm's delivery system, injuries to the testicles, low or high hormone production, anatomical problems, varicocele, past illnesses, side effects of medications, etc.
While some of the above factors may need the attention of a specialist doctor (urologist), there are some things that you can do to help increase your male fertility.
Here 2 tips you should bear in mind :-
1) Increasing your sperm volume can help in increasing male fertility
Herbal supplements that contain amino acids and zinc are known to help in the healthy production of sperm. Amino acids can increase ejaculate fluid (semen) and the supplement zinc can improve the sperm count, sperm volume and the sperm motility.
2) Living a healthy, stress-free, smoke-free lifestyle is beneficial to the production of healthy sperm cells too. So avoid drinking, smoking and other bad lifestyle habits
you must consult a urologist and get the proper investigations done to know the exact cause of low sperm count.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Oligocare Forte provides a unique combination of essential micronutrients and vitamins, to help support male fertility and encourages optimal sperm production.
so till you consult a urologist,you can keep on taking this medicine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat low sperm count
- Cipralex low sperm count motility
- Spermatocele low sperm count
- Zyrtec low sperm count
- Thyroxine and low sperm count
- Is low sperm count curable
- Herpes low sperm count
- Crestor low sperm count
- Low sperm count how to increase sperm count and motility
- Low sperm count and motility
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?