Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Low sex life, rapid heart beat, breathlessness, back pain, knee pain, lumbar region pain, headaches, anxiety, over work

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Hi, I'm a male, 26 years old I weight 198 bounds and I am 5'9. My problem is that after sex, I have a very rapid heart rate and shortness of breath. I no longer feel like having sex with my wife because of the back pain, knee pain because of some sexual positions, and also because I find it to be a distraction.
I have a lot of back pain in the lumbar region, headaches, and if it is relevant, I feel like my bones are weak; I recently broke a finger playing basket ball (the ball hit my finger).
I do have anxiety issues, more feeling like I am failing in life and not doing as much as I wanted to have done by now. I also work twelve hour shifts three days a week at clinic.

Thank you so much and I hope you can help
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Important points of your query:
1.     Presence of pre existing anxiety problem.
2.     Rapid heart rate and shortness of breath after sexual activity.
3.     Multiple pain complaints.
4.     Depressive thoughts like: I am failing in life and not doing as much as I wanted to have done by now

Rapid heart rate and shortness of breath after sexual activity can occur most commonly in anxiety disorder and cardiac illness. But if we take whole clinical picture in consideration anxiety disorder most probable diagnosis in your case as it will explain most of your symptoms.

I am giving list of common anxiety symptoms which will help you to understand your condition: anxiety or fear of unknown, excessive worry related to health & family, restlessness, tremors, multiple pain complaints (somatic symptoms), palpitation, excessive perspiration, difficulty in sleep induction and shortness of breath.

So take consultation from psychiatrist and primary physician by an appointment so that they can work together to understand your problem and treat you.

Hope this will help you. Wish you Good Health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor