Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Low blood pressure, weakness. Suggest medicine and diet

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
M having very low blood pressure problem. last week my measured BP was 80-60. And I think because of this I feel very week and not able to work.Please suggest some medicine and also what would be the diet to control this problem.
Reply asap
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     22 year old female
•     Known case of low BP
•     Complaints of: excessive weakness and inability to work.

Although we do not current BP but we can assume low bp as a cause for current symptoms as 80-60BP is very low and may lead to your current symptoms.

Even, with such low BP value person may fall due to dizziness while walking.

Common reason for low BP is poor fluid intake, diarrhoea, recurrent vomitting and severe infection.

You need to take following measures as soon as possible:
-Ask for help from family member or friend in this situation.
-Get you blood pressured monitored.
-Drink plenty of fluids like: ORS, Fruit juice, Dal water
-Do not remain hungry
-Vitamin supplement
-Consultation from Physician so that exact cause can be identified and treated.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor