Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Low abdominal pain from hysterectomy. Feel like pulled muscle and hurts to touch. Suggest?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Low abdominal pain about 9 mos from hysterectomy. Feel like pulled muscle pain and hurts if i touch center low abdomnin.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Pelvic Adhesion. Do one USG scan.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Health Care Magic.

According to your clinical presentation, we need to rule out any type of pelvic adhesion which is developed following hysterectomy or previous pelvic surgery. They can cause feeling like pulled muscle pain. Ectopic endometriosis and pelvic infection or inflammation of local tissue may be responsible in such case.

In addition, adhesion may be associated with other pelvic organ (like intestine, urinary bladder, ovary - if preserved), anterior abdominal wall etc.

Here, you need to consult with gynecologist for overall clinical examination and proceed one ultrasound scan to rule out underlying etiology if any. Diagnostic laparoscopy and CT scan may be done in selective cases.

TREATMENT: Proper treatment depends on pinpoint diagnosis of the case. Some may need adhesiolysis if pelvic adhesion is detected on test result. Supportive medication (like painkiller, antibiotic etc) and abdominal exercise are advisable after complete assessment. Kindly, visit to your doctor for examination.

In the mean time, you must take balanced diet, drink plenty of water (3 lit/ day), keep bowel habit regular and need stress free sound sleep.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor