Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Low BP, black outs, nausea, cut in food pipe. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I frequently black out and get low bp.....Pls suggest what can be done.....I also puke blood now a days... And also had endoscopy done recently... It detected cut in the food pipe....... Pls suggest
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Let me first ask you - do you drink alcohol or use illegal drugs? I ask this because these can exacerbate problems in the gastrointestinal tract.

As far as the vomiting is concerned I recommend you obtain a proton pump inhibitor medication. This can be purchased over the counter. Specifically I recommend omeprazole. You can take a 20 mg tab with breakfast and one with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days change to just taking it once a day with breakfast for 6 weeks. After this period of time you could discontinue the medication and observe for an improvement of your symptoms.

Thanks again for submitting the query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional followups I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Low BP, black outs, nausea, cut in food pipe. Treatment ? 4 hours later
I have never touched even one drugs. I only consume 4-5 Cigarettes in a day nothing more than that. Now even that has been stopped from past 1-5 weeks. Please suggest something strong that can help me over come this problem. Also cannot consume any medicines that make me feel sleepy as work for BPO which involves night shifts. You can also call me on my number directly for the same on my mobile number +0000...

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 hours later
Hello again,

I think at this point there is no medication which is recommended to purely raise the blood pressure. If you are otherwise adequately hydrated you should see your doctor for an examination and consultation. A more detailed workup is necessary at this time including checking for adrenal gland and thyroid gland as well as kidney functions.

Thanks again for the query and followup. I am available if you have any additional concerns.


Dr. Galamaga.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor