Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Lost presence of mind due to over stress. What can be done ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Hello sir. There is problem with brother in law and sister in law with following observation: After completions of degree both are have losses their presence of mind and behaving like persons under stress. Physically both are normal. Now non of them intersted in jobs or further progress in life.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Behavioural disturbance could be either temporary or permanent.Permanent problems usually are associated with organic distortion in the brain and most of times are not cured but just suppressed symptomatically.

Since you say both your kins are affected I do not suspect it to be due to any organic distortion but could be due to stress induced purely.

Such transient behavioural defects can be best cured by counselling sessions by a trained counsellor or by a Psychiatrist. Placing them on medications may temporarily alleviate the symptoms but can cause other long term effects on the mental status.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor