Loss of appetite with irregular bowel movement. Gas problem or any infection?

Dr. Charles S Narasi

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I can remain empty stomach for more than 12 hours without feeling hungry, i dont know how but I feel that the hunger sensation is missing from my body.

Also I dont have a regular rhythm. I have seen people who seems to visit toilet at specific time or during some time window say every morning between 7 to 9 they are sure to get nature's call. I have very irregular timings, infact i go to toilet once in2 or 3 days and that too not at some particular time. I would like to know how to build a regular rhythm and a strong digestive system with rare problems of constipation, gas and candida.
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXXXX,
You are an young man probably very much into work
and devote a lot of time to be the best in your field
and food is only secondary . Just eat only to keep your
body and mind functioning. This is also true as for your
bowel habits. If you don't eat regularly , obviously less
residue and not frequent bowel movements .
First of all, start with a daily regimen of having a good
breakfast with whole grain cereals, some freh friuts and
apple, orange or pomegranate juice. You can have a fresh
salad for lunch and have a decent evening meal with fish,
poultry or even lean pork . If you are a total vegetarian,
you can have vegetable pasta or lasagna .
If your job is mostly sedentary type, like working in an
office in front of computer all day long, you need to be
physically active. Take a break during lunch and do some
brisk walking or stationary jogging for 15-20 minutes.
Take a good Super B-Complex vitamin supplement daily
along with Vit-C 1000 mg./day.Also, I advice you to take
a Fish Oil Capsule 1200 mg./day if you are not a fish eater.
I hope this gets you back in rhythm and keep you kealthy.
I wish you well.