Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Looking for the best stapedectomy or stapedotomy surgeon

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2549 Questions
Looking for the best stapedectomy or stapedotomy surgeon in Tucson, Arizona. I will be looking for a consult shortly and surgery following that since the otosclerosis has progressed to the point where I would like it taken care of permanently. Would like to know of the best or some of the best surgeons in Tucson Arizona who perform this regularly and successfully.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Otosclerosis usually progresses into the cochlea, causing a sensorineural hearing loss that cannot be corrected by stapedectomy.

2. If you can share your Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA), I can give you an accurate assessment.

3. You may contact the Department of Surgery, University of Arizona or the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles.

4. Stapedectomy does not slow the progress of the Otosclerosis and hence the benefits may last a decade or so.

5. You may also consider a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (Baha).

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor