Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Looking for doctor who can prescribe armor thyroid?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1663 Questions
I am looking for av doctor who will prescribe armor thyroid in the San LuisnObispo, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA area
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 15 hours later

I looked up the formal databases of the top 2 endocrine associations of US. One is the Endocrine Society

I could not find one for the zip code of the area you are requesting. This does not mean that there is no endocrinologist in that region, because these online databases reflect names of only those who are members of these organizations.

I then checked the AACE

I found this name

1250 Peach St Ste H
San XXXXXXX Obispo, CA 0000-2874
(805) 541-1671

Now regardless of which endocrinologist you eventually find, most will probably not be keen to offer armor thyroid. The reason for this is alluded to in this link
However, you are welcome to try ......perhaps call their office before going for the actual appointment, to see if the provider is willing to consider it
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor