Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Looking for doctor for treating Ehler's Danlos Syndrome? Concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I am looking for a doctor in the New York City area with experience treating Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS). I have found numerous rheumatologists listed but I am pretty certain that not all of them treat patients with EDS.

Hypermobility is the type of EDS I am concerned about.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query. I have personally selected a few rheumatologists, that treat EDS I.

Below is the list:


305 2nd Ave Suite 16, New York, NY 0000
(212) 598-6516 (Office)

Dr. XXXXXXX has 36 Years of Practice in Rheumatology.

2) Dr. XXXXXXX H. Goddard, MD
186 Joralemon St, XXXXXXX NY 0000
(718) 858-3263 (Office)

Dr. Goddard has 39 Years of Practice

3) Dr. XXXXXXX G. Franks, MD
530 1st Ave Suite 7R, New York, NY 0000
(212) 263-5889 (Office)

Dr. Franks has 42 Years of Practice. He treats more of skin manifestations of EDS.

Hope this is helpful to you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking for doctor for treating Ehler's Danlos Syndrome? Concerned? 4 hours later
Thank you. Do you know anything about Dr. XXXXXXX Sammaritano in New York City? I believe the best known doctor for EDS is Dr. Francomano in Baltimore. We are trying to see if there is anyone of her caliber in the New York City area. We live in northern New Jersey, in a New York City suburb, and are trying to decide if we should make the trip to Baltimore or if we can find someone excellent around here. My daughter is currently seeing a local rheumatologist but she is pretty much educating him regarding EDS. Most doctors know very little about it.
Thank you. She is in a lot of pain and having difficulty walking. It makes life rather difficult.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I do know Dr. XXXXXXX Sammaritano in New York City. Dr. XXXXXXX has zero malpractice claims, no sanctions, and no board actions against her. Dr. XXXXXXX is aged around 54 years.

Here is the contact details of the doctor:

535 E 70th St
New York, NY 0000
(212) 774-1978 (Office)
(212) 774-2258 (Fax)

Dr. Clair A. Francomano, MD practices in Baltimore. This doctor is good as well.

Contact detail is below:

Greater Baltimore Med Ctr Gen
6701 N XXXXXXX St Suite 2326
Baltimore, MD 0000
(443) 849-3131 (Office)

Both the doctors are good. You could choose either on them depending on your comfort level.

I am sorry about your daughter's current health status. I understand, life must be difficult for her.

I hope this information helps you to make an informed decision.

I wish your daughter recovers quickly and enjoys good and long healthy life.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor