Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Looking for advice on the lasik procedure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1185 Questions
I want advice about the LASIK procedure.
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 31 hours later
thanks for sending your query to. us.
For lasik you should be above 22 years of age(so that the power is stabilized)
power stabilized for 2 years
Enough corneal thickness to make a flap
power less than 8 ,which is there in your case.
please do get back to us if any further detail is needed
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking for advice on the lasik procedure 13 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I thought it would start a chat window after I ask the question in brief and then I can ask about the concerns in detail. But it sent the question directly.

Actually my concern is about the long term effects, if any, after undergoing this procedure. My family doesn't approve that I undergo this operation. They have convinced me that there is a certain risk involved in this procedure and also there might be any side effects which might surface after I'm 40 years old.
What is your opinion doctor regarding this risk and side effects?

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
Since this procedure is FDA approved,we should rest assured about the quality of procedure.
you will a small problem after 40 that since you become normal now ,you will like all normal people need glasses for reading,which is called presbyopia.
This procedure is for young people,early twenties is the time for this surgery.
Please do get back to me for further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist