Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Looking best doctor for hair loss treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Could you suggest the best doctor who can treat me for my hair loss? I meant a doctor in Bangalore.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Dr.sachith XXXXXXX in koramangala phone 0000 is a good dermatologist for hair problems.

If you need any further help do not hesitate to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking best doctor for hair loss treatment? 30 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
I've taken treatment for more than 6 months by using tugain and xgain and then now i am using mintop foam 10% and follihair tablets but it doesn't seem to be helping me much.
Does shaving the head helps? or keeping short hair helps? Also, does any specific type of comb help? What are the precautions that I can take to help reduce the hair fall?
Also, should i use laser hair comb? If yes, which one and where can i get one in bangalore?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 hours later
Hi again,

You can use finasteride tablets in addition to mintop and folllihair tablets.

Finasteride is US FDA approved drug for alopecia and is very effective.

It has few side effects better take them under supervision of doctor.

General precautions are-

-Avoid smoking ,excess drinking.
-Take antioxidants like XXXXXXX tea.
-Avoid very hot water for bathing.
-Avoid vigorous combing and excess rubbing of hair .
-Avoid combing when wet.

Laser hair combs are newer modality. They are said to be effective but not tested in trials.You can try them .Many are available on internet.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor