Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Liver test done. What does a lab test report suggest?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
What does a lab test like this mean?

AST H 73 (<31) U/L
ALT H 60 (<40) U/L
T4, FREE L 0.75 (0.93-1.7) ng/dL XXXXXXX H 40 (<40) Titer speckled pattern

Taurine L 313 nmol/ Cr 380-1850
Glutamine H 785 nmol/ Cr 190-510
3-Methylhistidine L 140 nmol/ Cr 160-520
Carnosine L 4 nmol/ Cr 10-90
A-Aminoadipic Acid L 19 nmol/ Cr 40-110
Proline H 6 nmol/ Cr
---expected values-----
0 (> or = 25 months)
ornithine L 6 nmol/ Cr 20-80
cystathionine L 6 nmol/ Cr 20-50
cystine L 36 nmol/ Cr 43-210
lysine L 83 nmol/ Cr 145-634
methionine L 9 nmol/ Cr 38-210
Isoleucine L 15 nmol/ Cr 16-180
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

These lab tests points toward liver dysfunction. We can discuss this further if you let me know your complaints and why the tests were done in the first place.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor