Light headedness and dizziness, nausea after root canal. Can this be stroke?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Dental Health
Question: I have been experiencing light headedness and dizziness with some nausea after having a root canal about 1 month ago.. I experienced pain to the same side of the head about 2 years ago, I was so scared and thought I was having a stroke and went to the ER , where they did a CT scan and it showed nothing. Now I amd experiencing some dull pain to the same area.....please advise
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Having light headedness and dizziness is not likely to be related to root canal treatment you had.
There can be many causes for these symptoms. Common ones are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants, middle ear problems.

Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.