Light brown discoloration on left ankle and calf area. Spiders veins are worse than usual. Reason?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a light brown splochy discoloration on my left ankle and calf area. It is not "hot" but is warmer than my other leg. Spiders veins are also appearing much worse than usual. Above this area, I have had a single bulging veins for a couple of years. This is different. My friends saw it and were alarmed. I'm a 47 year old female. I also had a very large (13mm wide) kidney stone surgically removed in early August. Have made full recovery. I am somewhat active (teach Kindergarten, some hiking, etc..) but am about 40-50 lbs overweight.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
There are two possibilities for your condition.
1. Contacat dermatitis.
2. Thrombophlebitis, that is inflammation of veins.
It would be better if you can send a photograph of the lesion.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management.
Please upload a photograph.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you