Lifting weight. Taking creatine supplement. Found elevated creatinine levels. Side effect ?
It is unlikely that protein supplements alone would be responsible for increased creatinine. Normal kidneys have enough reserves to take care of that.
1. There was a temporary drop in kidney function at that time due to either some meds or infection (im not clear about the reason for your visit to ER)
2.It could be a lab error.
3. An existing mild weakness in the kidneys, and a rise in creatinine due to protein supplements.
You need to recheck the creatinine, get a urine analysis and ultrasound of kidneys.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Creatine to creatinine reaction
- Elevated creatinine as side effects of adderall
- Elevating creatine levels taking triamterene cause
- Symptoms of elevated creatine levels
- Elevated calcium and creatine levels
- Detox creatinine creatine
- Improve creatinine creatine
- Taking creatine supplement with hypothyroidism
- Reasons for elevated creatine levels
- Side effect of Creatine supplements
- What further testing should be done if one has moderate blood and...
- Having single kidney, Hypertension. Taking Nicardia, Nebicard and...
- Kidney soreness on waking up, chronic condition. Causes for symptoms?
- Bruises where kidneys are located, painful and swollen. Kidney infection?
- Immunoelectrophoresis lab results, found band of free kappa light chain...
- Under eye puffiness, diagnosed acute renal failure due to use of...
- Diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera. Recently after increase in dosage,...
- Can I go back to normal water intake or is there a risk of brain...
- Sepsis, pneumonia, transverse colon, DVT in legs. On lovenox,...
- Suffering from Renal tubular acidosis. Taking schols solution,...