Leg pain, lower back pain. Any ideas?

Posted on Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Back Pain
Question: A couple of weeks ago i started having major leg pain now it has went away and now i am having lower back pain any ideas?
Answered by Dr. CS Narayan 41 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Leg and lower back pain - theoretically can be due to nervous and bony causes. Only a detailed history with a clinical examination would confirm a near diagnosis. This is important as further therapy would be decided on those lines.

"Major leg pain" - the only pain that a doctor considers an emergency is that due to XXXXXXX vein thrombosis. But, I do not see any risk factors for you - like major surgery, recent interventions, drugs etc.

Lower back pain - needs a full neurological examination. I would suggest you to get help at once by an appointment with a doctor. Causes vary from being physiological to those involving the spinal nerves or bones. You may be prescribed analgesics to start with. Many therapy options are available like physiotherapy etc.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.
Dr. CS Narayan