• question-icon

Leg injury, swelling, fracture, ligament tear, soft tissue injury

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I dropped a can of mousse on my foot a couple days ago. It hurt at the time, but then it didn't bother me for awhile. Then about a day and a half later, it started to hurt when I walked on it. It's a little swollen. I've been icing it. Do I need to get an x-ray? I have insurance, but it's not very great, so I'm trying to keep costs down.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for your query,

I do not see a need for a Xray here , If there was a swelling soon after the incident then a suspection of a fracture or a ligament tear could be held.

Since the swelling you had was after a day it could be due to the take antiinflammatories like IBUPROFEN 400 mg one tab after food every morning , it will help in fast recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them
Dr. Raju A.T