Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Leg feels very tight, achy joints, toes difficult to bend, walking difficulty, lose of balance and strong tingling sensation

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
Leg feels very tight , like wrapped tight , joints ache severly , toes are difficult to bend , joints buckle all of the time , walking is difficult , unsteady , lose of balance but not dizzy . Feels like electricity , strong tingling sensation . Lots of pain .
Right leg is affected strongly , left leg not as severe . Touching lower back , right side , sends shock down right leg . Right foot feels swollen , cool to touch , toes feel like they are breaking , when slightly bent .Very difficult to walk , very unsteady , lose of balance , buckling hip , knee , ankle .
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be suffering from rheumatic diseases

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description it seems to me you are suffering from a form of rheumatic diseases (rheumatism) which could be any type given that they are numerous types.
The most common types of rheumatic diseases that you might be having is rheumatoid arthritis, multiple osteoarthritis (septic or non-septic), lupus, sjogren's etc. Note that they are more than 100 rheumatic diseases and each could manifest with your symptoms.
So if you doctor has to determine which is which for appropriate treatment he/she would have to examine you fully, run some tests and from there determine which treatment will be most effective for you.
Most treatment of rheumatism usually involves use of analgesia, antiinflammatory (steroid/non-steroid), myorelaxants, antidepressants, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, perhaps antibiotics etc.
I will suggest you see a specialist of choice such as a rheumatologist or an internist.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor