Left side of head has been numb. Metabolism is not so good. Reason of numbness?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Question: The left side of my head has been numb for the past 2 weeks. I can feel hot/cold, but I can't feel pressure, like when I pull my hair. I've also gained about 5 lbs in those 2 weeks, and I'm usally pretty careful about what I eat because my metabolism has never been good to begin with.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The numbness of the scalp (skin over the head) is related to nerve dysfunction in the skin (cutaneous nerves). The commonest causes are mechanical compression, supplements such as mecobalamin tablets may be useful in faster recovery.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)