Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Left breast is cup size and bigger than the right breast. Suggest the suitable way to make the breast equal without the need of surgery?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I am 42 years old my left breast is a cup size bigger than the right I am married with 2children they grown Gp is male so I have never been to discusse this problem to him ,I can't afford surgeries please could u tell me another way to have my breast equal. I wear padded bra but when I wear my dress to a party which is fitted women figure out that one side is padded they even mention that one of my bust is smaller than the other it is so embrassing i am wearing loose clothes all the time i can't even wear fitted clothes please help me.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The option to resize will depend on cause

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well I do understand your concern and it is more too of a social problem. You will need to understand that if your breast sizes are different, then it is probably a problem of increased mass due probably to a tumor or increase tissue (adipose/fatty) abnormality. In order to get them having the same shape, it will depend only on the cause. You will need to see a doctor (you can opt for a female doctor if you feel embarrassed talking with a male doctor) who can examine both breast, probably run a mammography to determine what made the difference. You need to be open minded about the possibility of a surgery as most breast asymmetry are structural problems and medications will not be able to help. You should be rest assured that most breast surgeries are not very invasive and success rates are great with minimal complications. So if surgery was the only alternative to get a normal size breast (or symmetry), then I suggest you follow through with it. In the other hand, if the cause requires medications, then you are in the luck (for no surgery).

Hope this info helps and reassures you. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask.

Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor