Left arm is numb and doctor suggested as Angina pectoris. What do you recommend?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I just came from ER. My left arm has been going numb, VERY numb. I say it's the plate I have in there. Well to be safe, where I go to my anticoagulation clinic, they sent me just to be safe. Dr's said they saw activity at the bottom of my heart. Called it anginia pectorious, something like that. The other was neuropathy. I went to my back surgeon when I got out, he looks worried. Needs x XXXXXXX and MRI, his girl says we have to get insur appr. So see u in 2 weeks. Xray people could see me Wed. I'm in serious tears. My arm hurts I'm real scared worried. So lets hope I don't pss on befofe Wed. Thanks so much for listening Dr. XXXXXXX
( sou XXXXXXX much better than Dr Grief rite now ). LoL

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome,I am here to help you through this

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Haha, that was a good one. By the way I am Dr. Shoaib Khan, and I shall be helping you through your medical queries and so on, not Dr. Grief or Dr. XXXXXXX It is completely my pleasure to be of assistance, or even if it just to lend a friendly ear.

As for your presentation, I would say it resembles a cardiac event, which in my opinion is an emergency, I would not tolerate having sent the patient home to return only after 2 weeks, just for insurance purposes. But, this is unfortunately how your system works.

So I would have to request you to try your best to stay calm, do not worry, and visit the doctors as and when they call your, and immediately after your insurance comes through. If you do in fact experience extreme pain in the region of your left arm, tingling at the tips of your fingers, pain in the chest, around the collar bone, shoulder or back, please report to an ER immediately, okay ma'am.

For everything else, I am only a message away. Please do keep in touch, I shall try my level best to keep you safe with my advise. And do not worry, I shall not let anything harm you. Take care of yourself for me.

Best wishes.