Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Left adnexa cyst. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12685 Questions
how concerned should I be over a 7.4 cyst to the left adnexa
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs further tests and regular monitoring.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The finding of an ovarian cyst causes considerable anxiety to women because of the fear of malignancy, but the vast majority are benign.
Premenopausal women with asymptomatic simple cysts smaller than 8 cm on ultrasound in whom the CA125 is within the normal range may be followed with a repeat ultrasound examination at 8-12 weeks.
If I were to be your treating doctor, I would suggest the following tests:
1) Serum CA-125 Levels
2) MRI of pelvis to see contents of cyst and density.

Persistent simple ovarian cysts larger than 5 cm and complex ovarian cysts should be removed surgically.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Left adnexa cyst. Should I be concerned? 53 minutes later
thank you so much, actually the cyst was found on a mri w and w/o contrast for the lower back, I am following up with gyn on Monday, the summary read that it could not be clearly defined and suggested an us for follow up
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound will help in finding the type.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
It would be best to get your serum CA-125 levels evaluated and go for regular follow up. Ultrasound will help in detecting the type of cyst.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor