Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Leaky discharge, painful erection, treated for STD, prescribed Metronidazole

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Sir I Have A Problem Of STD's From Last Two Months.I Had Under GOne Treatment From Dr.Arora's In Chandigarh It Get Completed On Aug.27,2011.Sir After The Treament Some Leakege Twice A Week of Just Single Drop(Too Less Then In Initial Stage) Is Going On A Pain Too When Erects Or When I Touch.After The Talk With Doctor XXXXXXX He Says No Problem U'll Be Ok.So I Consult With Local Phsician He Say You Have To Take Metrandizole Or Lyk That I Dont So Please Suggest Is My STD Problem Is Present Or It Gets Removed.If Not So Please Suggest e Best Treatment Please.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

I understand by your query that you have leaky discharge sometimes during the week and painful erections. Considering these symptoms it is important to check up your prostate gland.

During sexual arousal the prostate gland & seminal vesicles produces fluid that account for the majority of the semen. Sperm from the testicles travel through the epididymis (the coiled tube) on each side to join the seminal vesicles which empties into the prostatic portion of the urethra.

At the time of ejaculation, fluid is discharged from the prostate gland and ejaculatory ducts into the urethra. This is the normal physiology of ejaculation.
Now in your case, first we need to determine whether the leakage is due to semen or simple prostatic fluid which may discharge even when there is no sexual stimulation.

A good fresh sample should be collected and taken to a urologist for examination. It no sperm are present, it still could be fluid either from the prostate or seminal vesicles. In that case, inflammation of the prostate needs to be ruled out from a urologist.

A culture of the expressed prostatic secretions (EPS) can help in ruling out or confirming the diagnosis. A test named as Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test can also help as PSA is raised in Prostatis.

A Urologist can diagnose the condition by digital examination also. If prostatitis is diagnosed then specific treatment is planned which may include a course of antibiotics.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Leaky discharge, painful erection, treated for STD, prescribed Metronidazole 57 minutes later
Sir I Dont Know Al About That I Can Tell You All.I Am Single & I Had Gone To Bangkok And When I Comes Leakge Starts I Do PaidSex There.After That I Talk To Dr XXXXXXX He Says You Have STD Dont Know The Name On That Time Symptoms In Me Are:-
1.Irritation During Urine
2.Pain And Unwanted Feeling In Penis
3. Leakeage Of Yellow Blackish Fluid Of 4-6 Drops Daily
After Consult I Take Treatment From Them Cost Too Much Rs 15K.During Treatment Leakge Going On But Reduce Day By Day I Can Send You Snaps Of Leakge Too..So SIr Please Tell Me Is This STD Or prostate gland. Infection Or Others And Tell Me The Treatment Too....
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 8 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and giving the clarification.

Considering your history of paid sex with a sex worker, it is important to rule out STD's like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and HIV. Chlamydia and gonorrhea can be passed during vaginal, anal, or oral sex if you do not use a condom every time you have sex.

The typical symptoms of these STD's are greenish yellow or whitish discharge from the penis, burning during passing urine and painful or swollen testicles.

You should get investigated for gonorrhea, Chamydia and HIV. Get the discharge cultured for gonorrhea and also get a urine examination done.

It is possible to get false negative results with the standard tests for Chlamydia. Hence you can opt for specific tests for Chlamydia which include Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT), Nucleic acid hybridization tests (DNA probe test, Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, EIA) or Direct fluorescent antibody test (DFA). Moreover swab tests and culture tests may be false negative for other STD’s like herpes and HPV also. Blood antibody testing are more accurate and these can include ELISA.

Regarding HIV, confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot,PCR and ELISA.These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

So it is advisable to get these tests done as it looks more like a STD rather than prostate infection.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor