Last friday I had tendon fenestration of my elbow for

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sun, 27 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Last friday I had tendon "fenestration" of my elbow for chronic medial epicondylitis. He said no ibuprofen for 2 weeks, or any other anti inflammatory medications, so that the body could respond to the trauma.

I typically take CBD oil (cannabis) and was going to start taking low-dose naltrexone, both of which I believe have anti-inflammatory effects on the body....should I avoid these?

Also, I had to take ibuprofen for 2 nights for a bad headache...is this enough to hinder my elbow healing?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid cannabis and naltrexone.

Detailed Answer:
Cannabis and naltrexone both can relieve the pain but have minimal anti inflammatory properties. It is best to avoid these as much as you can. You can do a hot compress in the area for a better healing. Taking just two doses of ibuprofen will not affect the healing much but avoid taking it any more.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.