Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Large itchy and tight testicle with no pain. Cure ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My testicle is large itchy and tight. No pain
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
I understand your concern but I need some informations from you before I could reply properly.
Since when are you having this problem?
Are both testis large or only one testis large?
Do you feel itching more in nights.
Does itching area also ooze?
Are you suffering from diabetes?
Any medication being taken presently?
Are there any lymph nodes swelling in groin area?
Waiting for your reply
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Large itchy and tight testicle with no pain. Cure ? 2 hours later
To answer your questions,

I started having the problem around 9:00 pm Tuesday (5/15/12) night wih severe itching. Both testis are quite enlarged and since it just began, I do not know if the itching is more at night or not. There is no oozing and I don't have diabetes that I am aware of. I was taking Prednisone, perscribed for Hives. I do not notice lymph node swelling. There is no pain, even during urination.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Since there is no pain in testicles and no pain while urinating,it excludes various reasons of testicular swelling on both sides.
Main causes for painless swelling are
Varicocele( but mostly it is on one side and almost always on left side only)
Spermatocele( cyst in the scrotal sac)
Rarely testicular carcinomas.
Itching could be due to
Tine capitis
Yeast infection
Pubic lice etc.
You must consult a doctor and get an ultrasound and possibly a CT scan of scrotum done to get the diagnosis.
For your itching,let the doctor see and decide about the diagnosis.
Treatment of itching generally requires local application of required cream and oral tablets of anti allergics.Local creams could be anti fungal and local steroid ointment while in case of scabies,you may need application of anti scabies ointment.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor