Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Large circular red area with a bump above penis. Could it be clamydia or gonnorhea?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I have what I believe is either clamydia or gonnorhea. I also a have a large circular red area above my penis by my pubic hair which seems to have a bump in it. THis red area is of the most concern as I can certainly cure the others with antibiotics. It doesn't look like syphillis bujt it certainly is something
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

You are suffering from large circular red area with a bump above your penis.
There are several possibilities like simple skin eruption/ring worm infestation (if itching persists)/Genital warts or Herpes.
A clinical examination for enlargement of inguinal lymph node, if any, would be require to confirm on the cause.

In case of Syphilis, there will be painless single ulcer on the shaft of the penis but your symptoms are not suggestive of that.
In case of Chlamydia or gonorrhea, there will be urethral discharge with burning sensation in urine. However, those are not likely either.

You may require investigations like Complete STD profile including VDRL test, Antibody to HSV 1 & 2 etc along with Urine routine and microscopy & Culture to confirm diagnosis and exclude other pathogens.

Consult with Dermatologist/ Venereologist for taking suggestive measures.

You may need to use anti fungal/ Hydrocortisone ointment locally. Maintain good personal hygiene. Take protective measures or use condom.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor