Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Large bump on head after fall,bruise from head to nose,bump soft to touch

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
My son fell almost 2 years ago and got a large bump on his head. Took him to the ER and all was fine. He had quite a bruise on his head that migrated down around his nose. After about a month it was healed except a bump that has been left about 1 1/2 inches by an inch and is soft to the touch. Will this ever go away? Since it is quite noticable, can it be operated on to have it go away?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 50 minutes later

From the history, it seems that your son developed a hematoma within the subcutaneous tissue of the scalp, and some of the collection has got calcified into a small lump described.

Usually such calcified lumps are slowly reabsorbed and in time they disappear.

But in your son's case, since the lump has persisted about 2 years after the incident, a small surgical procedure can be done to remove the underlying tissue and remove the cosmetic defect.

You might consult your doctor or a surgeon who can examine the lump and then decide on the future course of action.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor