Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Large bump on back, white seeds coming out, has odor

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
large bump on back white seeds continue to come out like popping a zit has an oder to it
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It looks like you are suffering from a sebaceous cyst. These cysts arise from a blocked hair follicle. Once the follicle gets blocks, secretions get accumulated and a lump gets formed.
If the lump has started hurting or looks red, you would need to see your physician who can drain it for you. Else, warm compresses ( take a cloth and soak in hot water. Let it stay there for a while and then squeeze to drain the water. Check the temperature on your hand and then apply on your back) are all what is required. This will help drain the cyst.
To prevent these in the future, make sure you scrub your back with a loofah or use an exfoliator to scrub your back while bathing to remove the dead cells.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor