Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Knee pain, orthotics, systemic illness, diclofenac gel for pain relief

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3637 Questions
Hi Doctor !
I have been having knee pain for a while now because my knees, feet and pelvis all turn in. I saw a podiatrist who gave me orthotics which do not seem to be helping. Late January this year, I saw a physio who gave me exercises to help with the pain and also visited the physio every week till March for manual therapy. None of this was helping, so he referred me to an exercise physiologist in Sydney City. This exercise physiologist gave me additional exercises to the ones that my physio gave. However the exercises are not working. My knees are still giving me grief and each day I get 7-8/10 pain. What can i do?
Fri, 18 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

I would be more accurate in answering your query if you can mention the diagnosis of the symptom you have or give some details like below :

1)Since when do you this problem ?

2)Do you have any history of trauma/fractures ?

3)Is the pain in the knee present all the time or intermittent ?

4)May i know the reason for the pelvis, feet and pelvis turned in ?

Kindly send any test reports if you have got done over this problem .

Well the results of Physio exercises will not be so early , You have to give it time say 3 months 6 months for a change to be felt.

Let me analyze your condition based on the information you will give me next.

Will wait for the information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Knee pain, orthotics, systemic illness, diclofenac gel for pain relief 6 minutes later
I have had this problem for 3 years now
I have no history of trauma/fractures
The pain is present all the time
I do not know why my feet, pelvis and knees turn in

I had MRI and X-rays done they showed nothing.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the information,

Based on the above information I get a clue into a fact that it could be a systemic illness.I would advice you to get examined by a Orthopedic surgeon to know the exact cause of the problem and arrive at a diagnosis which will help us to determine the prognosis of the illness.Some illness do take years to get corrected and some do not stay for more than days.

Also I would like to assure you one fact that Physio exercises are very helpful in many orthopedic illnesses , only that they need more time to show a change.

Meanwhile you can apply DICLOFENAC gel for pain relief (when ever the pain is unbearable ).It will help you.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor