Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Knee Injury, MCL tear. Suggest doctors

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 243 Questions
daughter is now in Bangalore with knee injury (hx of prior MCL tear 1 year ago) - Any suggestions on a good ortho doctor in Bangalore ?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 31 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX Herman,

Thanks for your query.

By the end of this session, I hope that I have solved your queries.
Knee Surgery has developed as a super-specialty branch of Orthopaedics. A knee surgeon is an orthopedic surgeon who may have undergone specail training as a Knee Surgeon. Bangalore has many Knee Surgeons. The surgery of repair of Middle Cruciate Ligament can be done best by Arthroscopic knee repair.

Here the surgery is done by introduction of two probes the size of a ball pen from two opposite sides of the knee joint. Under the vision through the scope, the repair of Middle Cruciate Ligament is done by the surgeon. Sutures need not be taken on the two openings. After surgery two band-aids are normally stuck on the two openings.
The patient can get miraculous results with a minimal hospital stay.

In Bangalore one of the good arthroscopic knee surgeon is Dr. Chakravarty in Manipal hospital , Airport road.
Also Dr. XXXXXXX A Chandy in Hosmat hopital ( WWW.WWWW.WW

You may go to a big hospital with good infrastructure / equipments / well trained doctors like MANIPAL HOSPITAL or WOCKHARDT HOSPITAL.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor