Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Joint pain with fever, reddish eyes with burning, reddish spots on body, constipation. Rubella?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi, my age 33. Have bad joint pain from past 2 days with mild fever(99 f) and eyes are red and burning. Small red spots in body. I am more worried because my wife is expecting and running 5 months . Is it something like Rubella ? The res spots are little in hand and some in my body. Skins are more reactive and pains even if I want to sit or sleep. Finding difficultiy for toilet as the anus pain a little. May be linked to body pain.

Please help me
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
According to the symptoms given by you the possibilities are,
1. Rubella: the symptoms will be fever, malaise, rash, stiff joints, transient arthritis etc, which are correlating with your symptoms.
But here what you have to remember is once active rubella infection occurs the immunity appears to be lifelong and re-infection is seen in only 2% of people.
If people in the house are having Rubella, the chance of pregnant women getting infected is 50 to 60%. The chance of fetal manifestation is rare after 16 weeks. As your wife is 5 months pregnant at present the chance of fetus getting affected is less.
Now what you can do is get, both you and your wife undergo serological examination for Rubella under guidance of local physician depending on the results you can proceed further.
2.measles: which will have similar symptoms, redness and irritation of eyes is more common in it. Presence of small white spots inside the mouth called koplik’s spots are characteristic of measles.
3. drug rashes is also one possibility, as you are having allergy to sulfa drugs remember whether is there any recent exposure to them.
4.the other possibilities are scarlet fever, erythema infectiosum etc.

The actual cause can be diagnosed by serological examinations and treatment can be started according to it. Meanwhile you use mouth mask to prevent spreading of the disease to others, take analgesics to get relief from body pains.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.
take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor