Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Joint pain in hand, back pain. Cannot sleep properly

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
Dear all,

hi my name is XXXXXXX i have a severe hand joint pain and back pain for last 3month,
result i cant sleep and wake up properly
shown to doctors all reports observed ok.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Back pain is one of the most common health complaints. Almost everyone will have back pain at some time in their life. Most of the time, the exact cause of the pain cannot be found.
One single event may not cause your pain. You may have been doing many things improperly such as standing or lifting for a long time. Then suddenly, one simple movement leads to pain.
You are at greater risk for low back pain if you Do not exercise, Feel stressed or depressed, Have a job in which you have to do a lot of heavy lifting, bending and twisting, or that involves whole body vibration.
I advice you to go for physical therapy. The physical therapist may try to reduce your pain, using stretches and traction. The therapist will show you how to do exercises that make your back muscles stronger, so you can prevent future back pain. You may need a back brace to support your back at work. Cold packs and heat therapy may help your back pain. Cognitive behavioral therapy may be helpful. This technique helps you better understand your pain and teaches you how to manage your back pain. Pain killers can help but regular use is not advisable.
I have given all the possible options as you have this symptom since last 3 month and have gone to doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor