question-icon

Iwoke up this morning with a painful right arm. 4

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019
Question: Iwoke up this morning with a painful right arm. 4 weeks ago, I was involved in a car accident that broke 4 ribs, all on the right side. I am a 67 yr old otherwise healthy woman, no diabetes or hpb. In addition, I have a compressed vertebral fracture at L3-L4 which happened in a household lifting accident on Novemver2, 2018. Is this arm pain reffered pain from my ribs or back? I toke an aspirin just in case. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
may not be related...

Detailed Answer:

No, neither the fracture ribs nor the lumbar fracture causes referred pain to the arm. I would think of a wrong posture as the likely cause based on the details provided. I would wait and see how the pain responds to aspirin. Incase you don't get better it would be worthwhile to see a doctor for clinical examination.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad (15 minutes later)
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 minute later)
Brief Answer:
Welcome..

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. I wish you get well soon.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.

Dr. Prasad