Iwas put on2heart medications wendsday. I started. Itching within 4hrs.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
Iwas put on2heart medications wendsday. I started. Itching within 4hrs. Iwent to a er last &they were only lnsterested in my heart. They did not do anything for the itching. Went to see my Dr.today same thing he told me to stop the digoxin & to continue the diltiazem I am itching from my head to my feet.do you have any suggestions z?
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to suggest you that as your doctor is not in the favour of altering your medicine which means the benefits of having these meds are more.

I would like to suggest you to take some antihistaminic like Cetrizine 5mg at bed time for a couple of days to combat this itching. Hopefully it will settle the problem.

But if still that doesn't work and itching persist then we have to switch to some other medicine.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap