I've struggled with hemoglobin that goes up and down. It
Yes, iron deficiency anemia ( low hb) can cause these symptoms.
Hi and Welcome to Ask a Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Your point is very valid and these symptoms can very likely be caused by the low hemoglobin. Tiredness, fatigue, body aches, and low concentration are classical symptoms of low hemoglobin, so yes these symptoms may well be caused by your low hemoglobin. Because our body including the Brain needs good hemoglobin for proper function. While treating the low hemoglobin is important but more important is knowing the cause.
Causes of low hemoglobin are many, but your ferritin level reveals that your hemoglobin is low because of low iron. So you definitely need iron replacement. Iron tablets may have side effects but you can manage them by changing the brands or farmulation of iron tablets.
However more important is to know the cause of why your iron gets low. This may be related to diet, or hidden bleeding, or heavy loss in menses in females, or malabsorption, or worm infestation.Some causes may be serious. So it's always important to search for the cause of low iron, besides taking iron to replinish the iron store. So you would need to see your doctor who would assess you for the cause of low iron.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be glad to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol