question-icon

I've had this spot on my leg for just over

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Question: I've had this spot on my leg for just over a week, and isn't going away. it feels as something is hard under the skin to touch, the skin is peeling away from the center and in the middle is a red dot. Around it is also a darker coloured skin. is this just a normal spot or bite, or something else? thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Furuncle

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have read your query and viewed the image.

Seems like a bacterial skin infection - a furuncle.
I suggest you to use an otc topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily for a week.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist